1.28.2011

COLOR ME PINK

Why am I obsessed with hot pink lips? I love pops of color. Apple red nails, a vibrant clutch, a turquoise or lapis ring... I think this stems from the fact that most of my wardrobe consists of neutrals. I have a winter uniform, which right now is a mens xxl cashmere camel sweater (crewneck and awesomely baggy) with my jbrands and moto boots. It's boring but it works. While it does make me feel drabby, frumpy and unimaginative at times, I can always punch things up with an interesting hit of color. And my new "pop" is going to be my favorite color of the moment- hot pink. I'm determined to get clear skin and find the right shade of pink lipstick (thinking I'll have to go with a raspberry) for spring. Its so fresh and youthful- more so than the red that dominated lips for f/w10. Here are a few of the gorgeous pink lips I love. And a special thanks to Raf Simons and his vision for Jil Sander's SS11 palette. You've inspired me for sure.
Nars Bento Box Lip Palette

So, I'll admit it. I bought this Nars Kabuki lip set. I spent 125$ on two huge ceramic pots of completely impractical lip shades. In my defense, I thought the pots of color would be small, able to fit in my purse and practical. Well, it turns out this "kabuki lip set" is none of the above. That being said, the colors are gorgeous and the packaging is beautiful and includes a mahogany wooden display box and a bamboo wrapped lip brush, which explains why they think its okay to charge anyone 125$ for two lipsticks. I don't completely regret my purchase, but part of me thinks I should have splurged for Tom Ford's Cherry Lush lipstick instead. or maybe in addition to? I'm a complete product whore.

2 comments:

Mal said...

I don't think it's a total lost... you say this is an of-the-moment obession...but you've always had a place for hot pink-- probably always will...lucky for you, it's such a good "winter" color!

Mal said...

* loss